Call for Papers
Summary: 22 December 2020 deadline; 8 pages + references; anonymous submission; submission link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=i3d2021
The ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (I3D) is the leading conference for real-time 3D computer graphics and human interaction. The symposium brings together researchers, engineers, and industry professionals to discuss their latest work on real-time and interactive computer graphics and related applications. The symposium has a long legacy of innovative and excellent technical content, with influential work on rendering, texture synthesis, collision detection, VR interaction, animation, and many other areas of real-time computer graphics having been presented at the conference.
We invite you to submit papers about real-time 3D graphics, interaction, and games. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Real-time rendering
- Physics-based animation
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Deep learning for graphics and simulation
- Collision detection
- Real-time computer vision
- Navigation in virtual environments
- Texture synthesis
- Real-time post-processing effects
- Interactive 3D modeling
- In-the-wild 3D reconstruction
- Level-of-detail approaches
- Pre-computed lighting for real-time applications
- Visibility computation
- Real-time surface shading
- Fast shadows, caustics and reflections
- Impostors and image-based techniques
- Motion synthesis and path planning
- Character and crowd animation and simulation techniques
- Interaction devices and techniques
- User studies of interactive techniques
- Sketch-based 3D modeling and design
- Video game techniques
- Content generation techniques for real-time applications
Research papers should be in ACM conference format using the “sigconf” style. They should contain at most eight (8) pages of content, including appendices but excluding references. The bibliography/reference listing at the end and optional supplemental material do not count towards this limit. Videos are required for techniques involving motion or animation.
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present a 15 minute talk on their work. At least one (1) author from each accepted paper must register for the conference.
Papers must be submitted anonymously and will be evaluated by double-blind peer review from an international program committee of published authors and tertiary reviewers. There is no rebuttal process. The submission system link is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=i3d2021
New for 2021 is that all accepted papers will be published in a special issue of the Proceedings of the ACM in Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (PACM CGIT), once all mandatory changes have been addressed and a second round of peer review by the primary reviewer is passed.
All deadlines are 23:59 PM Pacific Time.
22 December 2020 Paper submission deadline
16 February 2021 Notification of committee decisions
2 March 2021 Camera-ready deadline for accepted papers
20-22 April 2021 Conference
All questions about paper submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Dan Casas and Eric Haines
Papers Co-Chairs I3D 2021
Last updated November 5, 2020