|| Student Stipend Program
Download the Student Stipend Program information as PDF file here.
The ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (I3D) is the leadingedge
conference for real-time 3D computer graphics and human interaction. 2009 marks the
23rd year since the first conference gathering. Symposium topics include, but are not limited to,
3D rendering, 3D gaming techniques, interactive modeling, level-of-detail methods, real-time
lighting and shading algorithms, visibility computations, impostors and image-based
techniques, visualization, virtual and augmented reality, and interactive techniques and
applications. The conference is to be held February 27-March 1, 2009 at the Radisson Hotel
Boston in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
This year we are offering again the Student Stipend Program for sponsoring students to attend
I3D 2009. The program, financed by our generous corporate sponsors, is open to students
worldwide (at the undergraduate or graduate level, or equivalent) who have not previously
published at I3D. The awarded stipend per individual will not exceed a total of $800 US dollars
and may go to reimburse travel, hotel, and meals. In addition, awardees would receive free
student registration to the conference and several meals as part of the conference. Since the
program objective is to encourage participation of students new to I3D and perhaps new to 3D
graphics, stipends will not be given to students who are author or co?author of accepted papers
or those who have published in I3D earlier. Poster presenters may also apply for a stipend. If
there are more qualified applicants than stipends available, the committee will select with a
subset of awards reserved for women and undergraduates.
To apply for the stipend, please send an application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sunday December 21ST, 11:59PM PST, 2008. The applications will be reviewed by committee
and the recipients of the stipends will be notified via email on Monday January 10th, 2009. Your
application packet should be a single PDF file (e.g., print using PDFCreator:
http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator) containing the following three parts:
- Cover page: on a one-page cover sheet, please include:
- Contact information: your name, mailing address, and an email address.
- Faculty contact: please include the name and email address of your advisor or a
professor who supports your application to the Student Stipend Program.
- Resume: please include an up-to-date resume or CV.
- Budget: please estimate your expenses, itemized into categories including travel, meals, and
hotel. Students must document all expenses with receipts in order to get reimbursed. Details
about the budget:
- Travel: indicate your total travel estimate (e.g., airline ticket, to/from airport transportation). Only economy class fare will be reimbursed. If you choose to drive,
reimbursement will be based on mileage as per the ACM rules.
- Hotel: Up to a total of $450 will be reimbursed for the hotel accommodation with receipts. If you do not live in the area you may stay in the conference hotel or a hotel of your choosing (note: the conference hotel, Radisson Hotel Boston, offers a very
competitive conference room rate). If you are interested in rooming with another
same-gender student stipend awardee, please indicate so in the budget and we will
attempt to match you ?this can reduce your budget to $80/night for Radisson Hotel
- Meals: Up to a total of $100 will be reimbursed with receipts. Please note that I3D provides breakfast during the three conference days and dinner on the second
conference day (Saturday Feb 28th).
If you have further questions regarding the I3D Student Stipend Program, please send an email to
email@example.com before the deadline. Also, see the I3D website
http://i3dsymposium.org for more details about the conference. I look forward to your
application and to seeing you at I3D 2009!
Gopi Meenakshisundaram, University of California at Irvine
I3D 2009 Student Stipend Program Chair